Position: Mechanical Industrial Technician- Part Time
Location: State Street Car Wash- Schenectady, New York
Trade Licenses Preferred- Minimum 2 years experience
Early Shift Begins 5am - 25-35 Hours weekly
The Mechanical Technician will maintain our car wash facility and equipment. They provide much of the behind the scenes work that goes into making sure our customers experience a clean, dry, and shiny car. This position is for someone who likes to solve problems and keep everything operating efficiently and smoothly. 70 percent of repairs/projects will be prior to car wash opening.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on pumps, motors, power tools, conveyor systems, car wash equipment, following diagrams, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions and replacing of parts as needed
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists and hand and power tools; examining form and texture
- Adjusts functional parts of devices for proper settings
- Controls downtime by routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring/ greasing - replacement of parts
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Conserve’s maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Help to maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Knowledge of electrical (single phase and three phase high voltage)
- Experience in plumbing, electrical and commercial building maintenance, Arc Welding
- Highly conducive to self-motivated, organized, production-oriented
- Strong time management skills and experience with planning and troubleshooting
- Positive attitude
- Work is performed in a car wash setting
- Previous mechanic experience preferred
- Ability to work independently, indoors, or outdoors and in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift to 75 pounds, stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, perform repetitive motions, and climb and work from ladders.
- Valid Driver’s License - Reliable transportation
- $25 - $35 per hour depending upon skill set and experience
- Direct Deposit Weekly Pay
- Free Uniforms
- Free Car Washes for Immediate Family
- Flexible scheduling and hours based on priority and site specifics needs to be mandated by GM.